Ill News by grey_gazania

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Early in the Second Age, a follower of the Sons of Fëanor brings Elrond some ill news.

Written from a prompt by Himring for Tolkien OC Week (background characters).

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Elrond

Major Relationships: Elrond & Original Character

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 3, 194
Posted on 28 July 2022 Updated on 25 August 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, poor Elrond.

And what a blow this exchange of news is for both of them!

I suppose if anyone could track down Maglor, it would be Galwen, yes, but clearly it has taken a lot out of her.

I hope Elrond can arrange for Galwen to stay or at least to see her again.

Oh! I... was not expecting that. How wrenchingly sad, that he died all alone. (And likely not knowing how much he was loved by those few who truly knew him.) And Oh! My heart breaks for Elrond, his hope, his loneliness despite being surrounded by people (who do truly care for him, I'm sure) which makes the devastation of the loneliness all the more intense. And Galwen, learning in this way that she will never see her other young charge again. I got such a sense of... I don't know words for it, but when you want to desperately go back and change things, but you can't - not the things you've come to say you're sorry for, and not the fact that you've come too late to say sorry, at least to one of the twins.

While I was reading I was thinking "I wonder whether her story has been written" and was delighted to see your note and will be reading more.