Love's Persistence by IgnobleBard

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the bleak midwinter Haldir awaits a special visitor.

Major Characters: Fëanor, Haldir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 065
Posted on 19 January 2011 Updated on 19 January 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


An interesting idea! It would not have occurred to me that Feanor might have had time or the free emotional capacity to form such a deep attachment between Losgar and his death - but I suppose he had to cover quite a bit of ground in that time and he would certainly have had need of a native guide. And if Celeborn was a Sinda, why not Haldir?

The conceit of a part of the Spirit of Fire locked within a snow crystal is a very compelling one. With this combination of motifs, the story would make a great present for the Winter Solstice for someone of Feanorian sympathies - but you don't say that it was written with such a purpose in mind.

Thanks so much for your comments, Himring. I wrote this for a friend who likes both Haldir and Feanor so I had to think of a reason they might know each other. Now I'm thinking it might be fun to do a story sometime that shows how they met. I'm really glad you liked the snow crystal. It was the central idea I wanted to do, and Feanor defying the Valar to craft it. I was thinking this would make a good Yule fic, even though I finished it up a bit late. But romance knows no season, right? :-)