An Anthology of Middle-Earth by tinni

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

 

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A collection of poems I wrote about various Silmarillion characters

Major Characters: Fëanor, Fingolfin, Fingon, Gandalf, Maedhros, Maglor, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 719
Posted on 26 January 2011 Updated on 27 January 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Just a little poem about Fingon and Turgon as children.

Maglor during his wanderings

The poem is about Maedhros and most people guess that it's from the perspective of Fingon and thus slash. But I did have someone once suggest that the poem was actually from the perspective of Namo Mandos. I am personally happy for people to draw their own conclusions. Indeed, imagining that some unnamed female elf/maia, who happen to be in-love with Maedhros is calling to him while she waits for him in the Halls of Mandos is also a valid conclusion.

Since it's about Gandalf and the Balrog he killed in Lord of the Rings, technically this is not Silmarillion based. But hopefully I won't get in trouble for uploading it here.

A poem about Ecthelion and Glorfindel reunion in Aman.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like the slashy Fingon/Maedhros one, of course. I'm so predictable. The hunt across Tirion had a strange quality that pleased me, although I wasn't sure I knew what it meant. Of course, Gandalf and the Balrog relates to The Silmarillion. Gandalf calls him "a demon of the ancient world" in LotR, which I took to mean that it came into being in that form in the First Age or earlier.