Hearken Still Unsated by polutropos

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Tolkien Reverse Summer Bang 2022.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When the Noldor return to Middle-earth to make war on Morgoth, only rumours reach Menegroth of their reasons for coming, but Doriath's minstrel experiences their loss and longing through his connection to Music and the gift of his Queen. Years later, he is sent to the Feast of Reuniting and meets the Elf whose grief he felt.

A story about the Eldar returning home, their connection to the land and to each other, and their relationship to Music and fate, love and free will.

Major Characters: Daeron, Maglor, Melian

Major Relationships: Daeron/Maglor, Daeron & Melian

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Romance, Slash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Sexual Content (Moderate)

Chapters: 8 Word Count: 16, 256
Posted on 2 October 2022 Updated on 9 October 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

polutropos has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Just popping this here now because I forgot to mention it in my other comments, but I really loved the way you've woven magic into the story, and in such a way that its a totally natural element, the essence of Arda and the Music that flows throughout Eä.