Far Over Land and Sea by polutropos

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for SWG Challenge 'X Marks the Spot', Beginner level (two prompts). I intended to complete this at the Difficult level (7 prompts) and include most of the significant battles of the First Age, but ran out of time. I have posted these two instalments for the challenge but do hope to complete the original vision eventually. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor's use of Songs of Power. Currently includes Alqualondë and the Dagor-nuin-Giliath. 

Major Characters: Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: X Marks the Spot

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 628
Posted on 15 November 2022 Updated on 13 December 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Prompt: Not a lot of options.

Prompt: Splendor lost.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


So full of pain... that sense of having used a gift for the worst possible ends, of feeling it being lost to you.  Either unable or unwilling to do so again and yet unable not to.  Beautiful and sorrowful both.

Oh my!

This was so intense, but I absolutely love it!
I like your ideas for how the Teleri use songs to fight! That was really interesting to read. I may have to adopt your some of them, I've got some Teleri OCs they would fit perfectly.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Comment for chapter 1

Thanks so much for the comments, on both chapters! Please feel free to borrow the headcanon. It only occurred to me in the context of writing this, but if anyone has an innate talent for Songs of Power it makes sense that the musical Teleri would, right? And iirc the first kinslaying says something about the Noldor being pushed back a couple times, which is surprising given the Teleri probably didn't even have weapons besides those used for hunting/fishing. But they have Music!

And maybe that's way half-Telerin Finrod is such a badass with his Songs.