To See Our Enemy Coming by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I discovered that I had not cross-posted this double drabble, although my most recent challenge fic is meant to continue it (and then I discovered that I had not cross-posted a drabble about Edhellos's escape from Dorthonion either so that is now the second chapter.)

Warnings for reference to the outcome of the Battle of Sudden Flame, including canonical character death.

Edhellos is the Sindarin name of Eldalote.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Edhellos has escaped, with a handful of others, from the battle in which her husband Angrod died. She has a request to make.

Major Characters: Círdan, Eldalótë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 305
Posted on 29 December 2022 Updated on 29 December 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This drabble precedes the first chapter both in-universe and in order of writing:

Summary:

Angrod's wife Edhellos will survive the fall of Dorthonion, even though Angrod and Aegnor are about to die in the Battle of Sudden Flame.
Angrod intended her to.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh! Heartbreaking... "remembering, too late, the expression on his face." 

She is a strong woman! (And those are usually the ones who suffer most, quietly, inside.)

That part is what I am hoping to return to. That Edhellos won't even get a chance to sit quietly with her pain, for quite a while, because the attack continued and she is too strong to allow herself a breakdown while things are still going on!

Sometimes it's a good thing to have some distraction that allows some distance in time from emotional pain before dealing with it — it can be too much, too intense to cope with... although the longer it sits the more embed it becomes and thus can be harder to work out when you do get to it...

If not this, then that...