Discovering Love by Dawn Felagund

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story was originally published on LiveJournal on 21 December 2005. It was a holiday gift for Enismirdal, who asked for grown-up Maedhros, Maglor, and Fingon (with a slash pairing if I/they wanted it), with one happy moment and one naughty-but-nice moment (het or slash), with a cameo by a bumblebee and extra points for the inclusion of a bowl of cherries. The story was archived here on 4 August 2013, with minor revisions.

This was my first-ever time writing slash.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On his way to a tryst with his betrothed, Maglor discovers something unexpected about the relationship between Maedhros and their cousin Fingon. When Maedhros reveals his love for their cousin to Maglor, Maglor has to decide how he feels about this unconventional relationship, eventually realizing that the commonalities of love outweigh the differences. Maedhros/Fingon, Maglor/OFC.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros, Maglor, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 329
Posted on 21 December 2005 Updated on 21 December 2005

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'd wondered if you'd read this one! It was one of the better ones from that 2005 holiday fic batch, I think. And it was my first slash story; that was a big deal at the time!

My experience of posting these has been a mixture of nostalgia, horror, and relief ... because so far, they haven't been <u>awful</u>. Still not something I want on Most Recent where people think it's something I just did, but not as cringe-inducing as I'd feared. This one I do like, even now. I'm glad you're liking them. :)

I can't believe I hadn't found or commented on this one before. 

I love the way Maglor unfolds the story, moving back to when he first found out. 

Maedhros weeping at the table broke my heart; his words about how much he loves Findekano were radiant and devastating simultaneously. It is how I see their love also--incandescent in its brilliance and devotion. Lovely story and you expressed the joy and heartache just beautifully. 

This story is really, really old; I wrote it my first year writing fanfic, when I wrote holiday gifts for all of my fandom friends who made a request of me! This was one such request, and it was my first slash story too. A couple years ago, I started uploading all of my old work here, but I backdated it all to keep from inundating the Most Recent list (and admittedly, in a few cases, to keep people from seeing old work that was a little embarrassing ;).

Of my old work, it is one of my favorites. I'm glad you liked it too! :)