While These Visions Did Appear by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Tree and Flower Awards, Art: Photomanip, First Place

Fanwork Information

Summary:

These are my responses in graphic format to B2MeM 2013 prompts.

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
--
Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Major Characters: Ar-Pharazôn, Aulë, Beren, Dwarves, Elves, Eärendil, Fëanor, Finarfin, Glaurung, Lúthien Tinúviel, Maedhros, Maglor, Melkor, Men, Númenóreans, Tar-Ancalimon, Valar

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Alternate Universe, Comic Strip, Crossover, Drama, Erotica

Challenges: B2MeM 2013

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 14 Word Count: 11, 581
Posted on 3 March 2013 Updated on 29 August 2013

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I was watching a PBS TV series about the Medici and saw the face of a boy who looked to me exactly as I would have envisioned a young Tuor or Eärendil. So I ran and looked at the B2MeM prompts and found one for him.

Day 1 - Escape: “They will think we had a very strong magic to pass through all those locked doors and disappear.” Eärendil escaped the Fall of Gondolin and grew up and went on to change the main storyline of Tolkien's history of Arda. (I know where the quotation is from just in case that is a required, but do not know if I should tell or not.)

March 2
B2MeM 2013 Challenge: March 2.

Day 4 - Darkness fell upon the land, and the sea was still, while the world waited for what should betide. Slowly the fleets passed out of the sight of the watchers in the havens, and their lights faded, and night took them; and in the morning they were gone. For a wind arose in the east and it wafted them away; and they broke the Ban of the Valar, and sailed into forbidden seas, going up with war against the Deathless, to wrest from them everlasting life within the Circles of the World.

march16 - Day 16

". . . when first Vingilot was set to sail in the seas of heaven, it rose unlooked for, glittering and bright; and the people of Middle-earth beheld it from afar and wondered . . ." The Silmarillion, "Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath."

B2MeM third wildcard day task: Finish something.

I finished something! I had a nice star of Feanor I had been holding on my harddrive for a while. I wanted to make a banner of the Union of Maedhros used in the Nirnaeth Arnoediod with it. I did it.

march15_1

Day 15 - Lúthien uses some heavy magic on the Dark Lord.

 

march18_1

Among the important participants in the great Fifth Battle of the First Age against Morgoth called the Battle of Unnumbered Tears were the Dwarves. “. . . Maedhros had the help of the Naugrim, both in armed force and in great store of weapons; and the smithies of Nogrod and Belegost were busy in those days.”

 simaril b2mem icon- Day 13
The Valar demand the Silmarils from Fëanor. Only Aulë understands what they ask. ‘Be not hasty! We ask a greater thing than thou knowest. Let him have peace yet awhile.’ The Silmarillion, "The Flight of the Noldor."

mar 14
March 14

 “And on the other hand was the lesser party, and they were called the Elendili, the Elf-friends; for though they remained loyal indeed to the King and the House of Elros, they wished to keep the friendship of the Eldar, and they hearkened to the counsel of the Lords of the West.” The Silmarillion, “Akallabêth.”

B2MeM 2013 Day Eight  Day 8

“But if any will come with me, I say to them: Is sorrow foreboded to you? But in Aman we have seen it. In Aman we have come through bliss to woe. The other now we will try: through sorrow to find joy; or freedom, at the least.”

I don't know if I can find a prompt for this one in the B2MeM prompts. I'll insert it if I find one!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.