Murmuration by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is just a bit of nature description and quiet bonding, in reponse to a location prompt from Dip the Ladle challenge.

As it stands the prompt fill is complete, but it occurred to me that an earlier ficlet idea I had had about Idril could work as a second chapter here. If I go through with that plan, the second chapter will be a lot angstier and the rating will go up.

This was my image prompt:

Photo of Otmoor Nature Reserve showing reeds, open water, and water birds
Otmoor Nature Reserve, photo by RSPB Otmoor

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In Nevrast, Idril and her aunt Aredhel explore a reported natural phenomenon at Lake Linaewen together.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Idril

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Ficlet

Challenges: Dip the Ladle

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 510
Posted on 12 August 2023 Updated on 13 August 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

The piece refers briefly to my recurring OFC Pengyl. All you need to know about her here is that she has local knowledge of Nevrast, because this is where she grew up (she is Sindarin).


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This fic is little a little holiday!(vacation) So vivid, the lake sounds carrying through that magic evening light; the calm of the water; snacks!!; and then... the main feature. What a delight! And also lovely to encounter Pengyl again.

I've never seen the murmurations in person either, but always enjoy a moment to watch recordings wren* they come my way. Thank you!

(*Otto Correct, playing with puns again. I decided it could stay.)