Prelude by Independence1776

| | |

Prelude


Maglor’s lightsaber spun out of his grasp… and he toppled forward onto the training mat. He was very tempted to remain there.

“I thought Jedi were supposed to be graceful?”

Daeron’s dry voice was exactly why he wanted to. But Maglor was both far too old and too much of a Jedi to let his emotions rule him, no matter how embarrassed he was about tripping over thin air in front of a stranger. He climbed to his feet and met the mirthful gaze of the Sinda he’d spend the investigative mission working with.

“Sometimes,” he said, matching the dryness.

*

Daeron wasn’t too sure about working with Maglor. Elda he may be, but he was a Jedi first and always. But Fëanáro’s stolen Silmarils were not the only Force-related artifacts missing from Arda; there was evidence that the thefts were not a local crime. Someone in the galaxy had organized them, which made it a galactic problem. And that meant involving the Jedi.

Daeron extended a hand to the Elda. “It could have been worse. You could have hit me with the blade.”

Maglor’s scowl let Daeron know his humor was not exactly appreciated. But he still shook Daeron’s hand.


Chapter End Notes

The two Matryoshka prompts I used were "Murphy’s law: anything that can go wrong will" and "It could have been worse." Would I have liked to write more? Yes. Darth Real Life interfered. I do have a much longer story in mind.

The reason Maglor is using Maglor and not Makalaurë is Sir Not Appearing in this fic. Rest assured there is a reason.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment