Dreivierteltakt by chrissystriped

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maeglin questions his decision to come to a party, but when Celebrimbor introduces himself to him, everything starts to feel so much better.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Maeglin

Major Relationships: Celebrimbor/Maeglin

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges: It Comes in Threes

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 612
Posted on 25 March 2024 Updated on 25 March 2024

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Awww, I’m happy to see Maeglin and Celebrimbor bonding and discussing their experiences with dwarves. I also liked how Celebrimbor explained the idea how the Doors of Durin work and how the Dwarves didn’t understand that the right mindset was also needed. This makes me think that Sauron perhaps knew the password (perhaps Celebrimbor was forced to reveal it), but didn’t have the right mindset so the Dwarves were safe.

Oh, I so feel for Maeglin, the stuffy air and too-loud voices. And Celebrimbor is very sweet and yet so genuinely interested. And I think I'd prefer Dwarvish dances too.

So those glow-in-the-orc-presence blades are Maeglin's!! And the fact that the password works with a form of osawë too is simply ingenious.

(ETA: ... as is the explanation for Sauron not being able to get into Khazad-dûm, because Annatar would certainly have known the password.)

I really enjoyed so many aspects of this little rich little piece.