With Him For A While by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story was written as a series of drabbles (with the final one being a double drabble) for SWG's 13th Birthday Instadrabbling.

The prompts are as follows:
Prompt 1: Good, love, strength, accomplish
Prompt 2: amber, space, shatter, comfort
Prompt 3: cold, sounds, bush, store
Prompt 4: dragons, establish, design, hall
Prompt 5: responsibilities, assembling, substance, fluid
Prompt 6: cycle, disappointment, illusion, south

The title is from The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part 2 Valinor and Middle-earth before LotR, VI Quenta Silmarillion, The Conclusion of the Quenta Silmarillion, §28: "And among these [the Elves who chose to remain in Middle-earth] was Maglor, as hath been told; and with him for a while was Elrond Half-elven, who chose, as was granted to him, to be among the Elf-kindred; but Elros his brother chose to abide with Men."

Normally, I write Maglor sticking around Lindon for a while. This time I thought I'd try the opposite.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the end of the First Age, Elrond chooses to wander with Maglor.

Major Characters: Elrond, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 612
Posted on 2 August 2018 Updated on 2 August 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Yup! I know how hard it was for me while writing to keep track of it in the Discord, so I imagine it was even harder for everyone else.

Thanks! It is a nice idea, and Elrond doesn't necessarily need to remain with him all the time. It could be an AU that doesn't change much canon-wise. Or it could be an AU that changes everything. I don't really know. :)