Of Mahtan Nerdanel Learned Much of Crafts by oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Of Mahtan Nerdanel learned much of crafts that women of the Noldor seldom used: the making of things of metal and stone. She made images, some of the Valar in their forms visible, and many others of men and women of the Eldar, and these were so like that their friends, if they knew not her art, would speak to them; but many things she wrought also of her own thought in shapes strong and strange but beautiful.  Morgoth’s Ring.

Major Characters: Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2019

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1
Posted on 24 March 2019 Updated on 24 March 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Me too. Thanks! Yes. I suppose that was very important to Fëanor also. Doubt if he was looking for a partner who was a placid, pretty housewife.

Míriel Serindë ( Fëanor's mother) was famous for her craft also, but the striking thing about Nerdanel was that she competed with the heavy-lifters in crafts more commonly practiced by men. And yet she was also a mother and married to a guy who never listened to anyone else besides her! She's Epic!