Walking On the Dark Side by Erulisse

| | |

Fanwork Notes

 

Disclaimer:  Tolkien built the sand box; I only play with the bucket and shovel that he left for me.  No money, profit or non, is made from the publication of this story.  

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A series of drabbles focusing on Morgoth.  Take a walk through the Dark Side.  Responses to a variety of prompts for Tolkien Weekly drabble challenges.  

Major Characters: Melkor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 6 Word Count: 743
Posted on 8 October 2011 Updated on 27 October 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

 

Summary:  What can cause a smile on the face of evil?  The chaos and fear left behind him as he achieved his goals, perhaps.  Here’s a unique look at what made Morgoth smile.  A response to the prompt:  smile.  

 

 

Summary:  Did Melkor really intend to reform when he was captured and imprisoned by the Valar?  A response to the prompt “wink”.  

 

 

Summary:  Morgoth expected the second battle in Beleriand to also be the final battle of Arda.  It did not turn out that way because the Valar did not show up to fight.  A response to the prompt “raised eyebrow”.  

 

 

Summary:  Morgoth desires freedom after three long ages of imprisonment.  But to obtain it, he must convince the other Valar of his sincere repentance.  A response to the prompt “pull a face”.  

 

EDITED on October 20th to reflect changes and suggestions that strengthen the story.  


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.