To Move a Star by Kimberleighe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story fulfills the following B2ME12 prompts:

Song Lyrics: “So here’s to the drinks in the dark at the end of my road” Florence & the Machine “Shake it Out” AND “Echoes and silence, patience and grace, all these moments I’ll never replace” Foo Fighters “Home”

Discoveries & Inventions: Songs of Power

 

Huge thanks to Scarlet and Elleth for feedback!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A brief glimpse into the moments before Gil-galad's combat with Sauron. 

 

Major Characters: Elrond, Gil-galad, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges: B2MeM 2012

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 012
Posted on 7 July 2012 Updated on 7 July 2012

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I wrote a separate piece called Into Darkness Fell that describes from an OC POV scenes from before and after the Last Alliance set out to Mordor.  In it, Elrond recounts the fall of Gil-galad.  This piece provides a brief glimpse into the final day and mindset of Gil-galad as based upon Elrond’s account.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


A moving portrayal of the King and his courage!

At one point it gets a bit hard to follow if one hasn't read "Into Darkness Fell". I'd suggest moving the reference to that story from the End Notes into the Chapter Notes so readers are aware of the complementary narrative beforehand and also inserting a gap (or three stars or the like) before the sentence starting  "After the parley" so that it becomes clearer that you are skipping the parley and going straight to the battle.

(Also very minor nitpick: typo in "Fegalund's")