Gold, Silver and Lead by Agelast

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Note on names: I’ve used the names of the characters as they appear in the Silmarillion, though I’m aware that they would have gone by different/altered names!

Thank you, Oshun and Tehta for beta-ing!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A young Indis meets Míriel Serindë for the first time.

Written for dear Elleth in Lord of the Rings Secret Santa Exchange 2013. She asked for either friendship or femslash for the requested characters, with an element of hurt/comfort and a hopeful ending. 

Major Characters: Finwë, Indis, Ingwë, Míriel Serindë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 882
Posted on 3 January 2014 Updated on 3 January 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Really enjoyed this, and it rings all my chimes:  a fascinating glimpse of the life of the Eldar during the Great March and very nice characterization of two iconic female characters.  With regard to the former, you deftly show the extent to which the Elves have advanced since their Awakening, but that they are still rough in many ways, e.g., the stone knife.  With regard to the latter, I like the intimate feel of Indis' voice and how you've shown, through her eyes, the contrasts between her and Míriel, but also their commonality, and how they find friendship.  Ooooh, and the origins of Míriel's clan!  Very cool!