The Stricken Anvil by Adlanth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Maure for My Slashy Valentine 2014.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maeglin's first year in Gondolin. Written for MSV 2014.

Major Characters: Idril, Maeglin, Rog, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 7, 189
Posted on 17 February 2014 Updated on 17 February 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is an incredible story, thank you so much for writing it.

I really should reread it and quote back the things I particularly liked about it, but that woul be impossible because I would have to copy and past a big, big chunk of the story <i>and</i> I'm seriously bursting to tell you (and the world!) how gosh darn amazing it is. And it really is. 

I've always (quietly! sorry!) admired your stories. They're always polished but with real emotions -- and it doesn't hurt that you write my favorite pairings and get them exactly right. 

I'm not really so big on the Gondolin crew, but I am so glad that I clicked on this. I've always been intensely curious about Rog and the backstory you made for him fits and makes so much sense. (His name for one -- of course he would get it in Angband. What Elf of Valinor would be named Demon?) 

Maeglin... I'm always of two minds about Maeglin, but here he's painfully real and sympathetic even when you can see him turning towards a dark path. He's a self-fufilling prophecy. 

I've always loved how the Slashy exchanges can get me to buy even the most unlikely of pairings, and this is no exception. What a treat.