Droplets by Dawn Felagund

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For Juno Magic, without whom I might not be part of this fandom. Without whom, certainly, I would be bereft a dear friend.

Photobucket

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The life of Elrond, First Age through Fourth Age, told in double drabbles. 2007 MEFA winner: 2nd Place, Multi-Age Fixed-Length Ficlet.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate)

Chapters: 9 Word Count: 1, 813
Posted on 16 June 2007 Updated on 16 June 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is absolutely what I was going for with this second drubble. That and the fact that, the more I thought about Elrond because of your writings and such on him, the more I realized how rough he had it, that everyone left him. I wonder if this was intentional on the part of JRRT, who seemed eager to demonstrate that the mortal\'s lot in life truly was a gift.

*adds to sighs*

I know! :D Someday, I will make it up to you by writing an Elrond story with a character you don't dislike so much. (The Tides of Time isn't up anymore, is it? Well, maybe I can do justice to my own OFC. ;)

Thank you so much for all these reviews. It was quite a delight to find these when I'd logged on to do a school assignment. (So much more fun than a school assignment!) *hugs*

A wonderfully memorable evocation of Elrond, who really does have one of the most complicated histories in Tolkien's work.  The use of 'droplets' as a recurring theme is a good touch, and I'm glad you chose to end it on a more optimistic note.  Liked the idea of Elrond liking Valinor best in its rare imperfection too.

Thank you, Clotho! This was written years ago for my friend Juno; I hadn't given Elrond much thought before then *hangs head* but she really inspired me to understand and want to explore more deeply the complexity of his life. Since it was a gift, I felt it should end on a happier note (a goal I haven't always met in subsequent gift stories :).

Wow--you're observant, Maglor! :) There was no reason for this. It was just a discrepancy that, now that I'm aware of it, I'll fix. I suspect it happened because I don't really consider this story to be part of the AMC-verse, even though there's no reason it couldn't/shouldn't fit in.

Thanks for reading and taking time to comment! :)