Sad But True by Ecthelion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Disclaimer: Arda and all that is in it belong to Professor Tolkien. I own only the mistakes.

The story is based on the published Silmarillion and some details from other versions of texts in The History of Middle-earth (Volume 3 and 11, to be specific). It is, though not groundless, only one possible interpretation of 'history' and has no claim on the 'truth'.

The title and chapter titles are taken from the Black Album of Metallica: Sad But True, Holier Than Thou, Don't Tread on Me, Through the Never, and The Unforgiven.

The story was first posted in 2005 and has been revised recently. Now it is beta-ed. Many thanks to onoheiwa@fanfiction.net for beta reading!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A story for Celegorm the fair, the third son of Fëanor. An attempt to give the life of a simple villain more details without compromising his essential character.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Celegorm, Curufin, Huan, Lúthien Tinúviel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 8 Word Count: 25, 974
Posted on 23 March 2016 Updated on 23 March 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.