Approaching Rivendell by Ysilme

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A take on the 100 drabble challenge in the Tolkienverse. I'm doing this just on my own outside any challenge community, though I took the liberty of using the prompt table of fanfic100 at livejournal.

The drabbles all have an exact word count of 100 as by my Apache OpenOffice (German edition) / Scrivener edition.

Disclaimer: Middle-Earth belongs to Tolkien. I'm just borrowing it to have a bit of fun.

Many thanks to curiouswombat and shadowycat for looking these over! Any remaining mistakes are my own.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

100 drabbles with Elrond Half-Elven through the ages, focussing on the creation of and the living in Rivendell.

(Drabble 14 is part of the Silmfic Prompt Generator Writing Contest for SWG's 10th Birthday)

Major Characters: Celebrían, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Erestor, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: 10th Birthday Celebration

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 23 Word Count: 8, 965
Posted on 20 August 2013 Updated on 6 February 2021

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Written for Akallabêth in August.

For Shirebound.

Many thanks to lordhellebore for the quick beta!

Written for the Silmfic Prompt Generator Writing Contest for SWG's 10th Birthday using the prompt generator for the two following elements:

Theme: suffering
Story Element: seashells and pearls

Written for the Cluedo challenge at tolkien_weekly at livejournal for the prompt "hallway". Many thanks to curiouswombat for looking this over.

A little spin-off to my story Coming Home, where Sam Gamgee has travelled to Valinor and made fast friends with Elrond’s little daughter Elaniel.
Many thanks to lordhellebore for the beta.

For Borka and Mattis

Warning: Character death, death of a pet

This is a follow-up of sorts to chapter/drabble 18.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I've never been spoilt with reviews; every single one is precious to me. ;o) So thank you even more for reviewing each single drabble so far!

Indeed, he would. Elrond is such a multi-layered personality in my mind, with the inquenchable thirst for knowledge forming an important part of his personality.

 

And another favourite! What I love a lot about this drabble series is the amount of facets that you are managing to give Elrond - we know he is a great healer, but somehow (for me) this drabble shifts everything into the right focus. Wonderfully done, again. I'll keep my eye on this drabble series!

I like this! You really capture a lot of different moods for Elrond, and in only a few words. I like how the drabbles are getting happier as this goes on...it usually happens the other way!

I especially liked A New Home. Elrond's a true loremaster, finding useful knowledge and excitement in any situation, haha.