Reunion : Maedhros and Fingon in the Halls of Mandos. by bunn

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Yes, I know that Tolkien says Fëa in the Halls of Mandos are solitary and don't like to mix. I think that's the sort of thing Mandos came up with as a theory while he was urgently trying to work out what to do with Finwë, Miriel and a sudden stream of badly shocked people from Alqualondë, and was also a really good excuse for sticking Fëanor in a quiet corner until he calmed down a bit, when he arrived.  

I think if you just said to newly-arrived-in-Mandos Fëanor, hey, you can leave if you like, your choice, then he would be back in a new body and down to Alqualondë to pinch another boat before you could shake a stick at him.  They must have found some way to hang onto him, and you'd expect them to be wary of Maedhros too, given his record. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“Your safety is assured,” the Maia said. “They will not be allowed to do you any harm.”

Of course, that made it impossible to refuse. Fingon gave the Maia his best incredulous expression. “I have fought dragons and Balrogs. I think I can handle a cousin and an uncle. Lead the way.”

 

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Caranthir, Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 211
Posted on 30 March 2017 Updated on 30 March 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.