Release from Bondage by heget

| | |

Fanwork Notes

No knowledge of A Song of Ice and Fire or Game of Thrones is necessary to understand this fic, as it is a fusion instead of a true crossover. A reader familiar with both should find all the nods and references, which I'll note at the end.

All chapter titles are quotes from ASoIaF.

Thanks to my betas, swampdiamonds and jubah/crocordile.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The story of two elves from Nargothrond, neither important enough to be mentioned in the family trees of kings or heroic songs, who lost their names in Angband's slavery. The childhood companion of Finduilas Faelivrin must take the princess's identity to survive in the enemy's hands. Another prisoner, regretting he did not join Beren’s quest, tries his best to save her.

or

The later half of The Silmarillion from the POV of prisoners in Angband, as inspired by A Dance with Dragons.

Major Characters: Edrahil, Finarfin, Finduilas, Gelmir, Gil-galad, Gwindor, Húrin, Maeglin, Orcs, Original Character(s), Orodreth, Other Fictional Character(s), Valar

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover, Drama, Horror, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 13 Word Count: 40, 360
Posted on 3 September 2015 Updated on 8 January 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.