Nike Adjusting Her Sandal by heget

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Footnotes as long as the fic itself. Must be Silm fic.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

I was asked from a tumblr prompt about head-canons for various traits about Nerdanel and/or Indis, and the answer evolved into a vaguely romantic character study, though can be read as close friendship between two wise and creative ladies.

Major Characters: Findis, Indis, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 50
Posted on 19 May 2016 Updated on 19 May 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you! I feel like one day I should do more with the daily lives of Indis and Nerdanel, and the concept of Indis as Nerdanel's artistic patron and muse as well as friend and protector. Or Findis writing letters to her brother complaining about being dragged along as third wheel on these tropical vacation trips.

Most of the people who would be inclined to sneer at Indis or Nerdanel left during the Exile, I imagine, but if there was nasty polictical hash made over a change in pronuciation, I had to admit that Nerdanel post-separation would be facing at least some sneers. But that's something Indis would have had a lot of experience dealing with, and the ladies could support each other.