A Story of Seven by NelyafinweFeanorion

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A story for Feanorian week. One chapter for each brother. Based on the seven deadly sins and the seven virtues.

I am an unapologetic fan of the sons of Fëanor. I find them (and their parents and extended family) to be the most fascinating, complex and morally ambiguous characters in Tolkien's writings. 

I usually tend to view and write them in a positive, redemptive light. This was an attempt for me to write a darker or less appealing side of them. Of course, being me, I had to counter each negative I wrote with its opposing positive.

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Elrond, Elros, Erestor, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 7 Word Count: 9, 714
Posted on 21 March 2017 Updated on 26 March 2017

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Feanorian Week Day 1: Maedhros

Feanorian Week Day 2: Maglor 

 Fëanorion Week Day 3 Celegorm


Today has been a crazy day so sorry this is being posted so late. Poor Caranthir must be fuming because I've neglected doing anything for his day tomorrow since I've been absorbed with Celegorm today. 

I've deviated from canon on Irisse here and I've patterned the Hunters of the followers of Artemis from Greek mythology. The parallels made sense to me.

Feanorian Week Day 4: Caranthir

Feanorian Week Day 5: Curufin

Feanorian Week Day 6: Amrod

note: I had always thought of sloth as laziness, but the definition of sloth in the context of the deadly sins has more to do with apathy and indifference-more of a lack of feeling, a form of alienation and withdrawal. I think that definition works better in this context

Fëanorian Week day 7: Amras

I chose to give each twin a day of their own rather than put them together so no Fëanor/Nerdanel story. I might tackle those two another day.

this was by far the most challenging combination for me. 

I am thinking of gluttony more as a voracious appetite for something, an addiction of sorts.

Temperance: Moderation or self-restraint. Voluntarily refraining from doing something


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is beautiful! Both Maedhros and Maglor's parts! I'm more or less in love with the Feanorians so I'm so excited to see Feanorian week :) I think my favourite is Maglor's envy - because okay, singing is a subjective thing so how can one be so certain Daeron is better? Urgh I'm just so annoyed a random Sinda could be better than famous Maglor. But anyway back to the point, this is beautiful, especially Maglor's interaction with the twins. Love it! :)