B2MEM 2019 Double Drabbles by eris_of_imladris

| | |

B12

Summary: Bëor’s mother laments his choice to leave.

Prompts: majesty (purple), Fëanorians in Beleriand, mother of Bëor.

No warnings.


When her son follows the golden-haired elf who speaks of a realm for led by red-haired princes, she is reluctant to follow. Bëor has been such a good leader, but now, he stares at the elves as though they are far superior.

But she knows the elves didn’t lead her people on their journey, with their noble quest to find the Gods of the West. They didn’t discover what he did. Their majesty is bright and shining but his is more real, not silken fabrics that dazzle but smashed berries that feed.

Finrod tried to convince her that the red-headed twins are good leaders, strong, powerful, protective. She wonders aloud why he is taking her own people’s strong, powerful, protective leader away.

She does not go with him. She stays, trying to preserve what he has built before it is tainted. His son Baran’s name is the one known to history, and thanks to the elves, she knows even his will be forgotten.

Even if she is the only one, she will not forget. She will lose her own name before she forgets the bravery he had and lost. The elves will not outshine Bëor in one mind, at least.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment