The Poetic Silmarillion

Series compiled by Dawn Felagund

| | |

\"The Poetic Silmarillion\" is an ongoing attempt to \"collect\" poems and songs that might have been spoken and sung by various characters and cultures in Middle-earth.

Series Information

Summary:

\"The Poetic Silmarillion\" is an ongoing attempt to \"collect\" poems and songs that might have been spoken and sung by various characters and cultures in Middle-earth.

Major Characters: Amarië, Ar-Pharazôn, Finwë, Melkor, Original Character(s), Tar-Míriel

Major Relationships:

Genre: Experimental, Poetry

Challenges:


Fanworks in "The Poetic Silmarillion"

This is a Writing fanwork

How I Wish by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

Left behind by Finrod, Amárië considers the paradox of her situation: her wish for his return and the only means by which her wish would be granted. A sonnet.

This is a Writing fanwork

Seek the Horizon, Númenor's Sons by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: No warnings apply

"Above all arts they nourished shipbuilding and sea-craft, and they became mariners whose like shall never be again since the world was diminished; and voyaging upon the wide seas was the chief feat and adventure of their hardy men in the gallant days of their youth"--a Númenórean mariners' chant.

This is a Writing fanwork

Seven Falls by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

Melkor and Finwë battle in Formenos after the Darkening of Valinor. A sestina.

This is a Writing fanwork

"Zimraphel" and "I who loved her" by Noliel, Dawn Felagund

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

Tar-Miriel faces the wave that will drown Númenor while, in the midst of the forbidden realm of Valinor, Ar-Pharazôn is granted sudden awareness of her fate.

This is a Writing fanwork

Teler by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: No warnings apply

After the Darkening of Valinor, a Telerin Elf looks back at the days of light. For National Poetry Month.

This is a Writing fanwork

Bedtime Tales of the Sun by Dawn Felagund

Warnings: Mature Themes

A young daughter in the House of Anárion asks how the world came to be rounded.