"Zimraphel" and "I who loved her" by Noliel, Dawn Felagund

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Tar-Miriel faces the wave that will drown Númenor while, in the midst of the forbidden realm of Valinor, Ar-Pharazôn is granted sudden awareness of her fate.

Major Characters: Ar-Pharazôn, Tar-Míriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges: Akallabêth in August

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 197
Posted on 31 August 2009 Updated on 31 August 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

"Zimraphel" was drawn by Noliel and inspired "I who loved her," written by Dawn.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Such a beautiful and heartbreaking poem. I can almost hear Pharazon saying it in his grief. I always wondered what went through his mind when he discovered what had become of Numenor or if he ever found out. I like the version of him and Zimraphel in PoME.  It makes more sense. Noliel did a wonderful job on the illustration too. Zimraphel's horror and grief is captured with a great amount of accuracy. There is even beauty in her expression too.

Thank you! :) You're right that I was going more with what sounded right in my head rather than going for a fixed meter. Honestly, I usually only use a traditional meter when working on a project for the medieval re-creation group I play with! Perhaps one day I'll gird my loins and tackle making this one pure iambic or pure trochaic. ;) Thanks again for reading and commenting!

This is the first poem of yours I've read I think!  (Not that I know how many you've written.)

 

The last two stanzas affected me emotionally (I actually thought of Rogue One while I was reading them).  I think you effectively illustrated how small we all are but  also how we each can leave our mark on the world.

 

I think I don't read poetry enough - this was lovely and I enjoyed it very much.  :)