The Last Queen by Gadira

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This has NOTHING to do with my long fic "Full of Wisdom and Perfect in Beauty". They don´t coexist in the same universe (more inside)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The cliché setting for the Downfall of Númenor... or maybe not so much? Dark themes.

Major Characters: Ar-Pharazôn, Tar-Míriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het, Horror

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Incest, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Character Death, Mature Themes, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 675
Posted on 6 June 2007 Updated on 6 June 2007

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

 

Introduction: This view on the Queen and her circumstances has absolutely nothing to do either with my view of them in the vignettes or that of my larger fic. In fact, it is the only one of my writings that follows the more popular version where Ar-Pharazôn marries his queen by force. (to be found in Akallabêth and UT) And furthermore: I was exploring a still darker view on Míriel/ Zimraphel´s participation in Númenor´s fall, so both her character and that of Ar-Pharazôn are utterly and absolutely corrupted and despicable (which is not my usual or preferred POV). Which, I suppose, turns this into darkfic.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was a thrilling read, truly amazing. The following things stood out for me: pacing, tension, characterisation and a beautoful narrative without giving too much details.

The King and Queen seem to rule from afar, as if nobody can reach or touch them, except for the death. Her twisted way of ralying Ar-Pharazon and in the end you slowly reveal how much she hated him, but it leaves you as a reader wondering if she should have played her cards differently... and at what cost. This is a great short story!