Prey for the Hunter by Sulriel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A tale of loss and love in the wilds of Beleriand

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Horror, Romance

Challenges: Anniversary Contest

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 124
Posted on 27 September 2007 Updated on 27 September 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I raelly enjoyed this story. It was original, it plays with the legendarium without copying it straight off.

The way you have differed between the twins makes the story beleivable and a nice change from the very similar twin interpretations that are common in the fandom. I enjoyed both the openness and the distrust of respective twin and despite the disagreement between them (or rather the suspicion that grows between maras and Lome) you can still snese the fondness the twins has for each other.

Very nicely written and very original, I really really enjoyed this story. 

Ah, a great story! The moment you mentioned the tone of her voice that reminded one of the twins of Aman, I knew straight away that this was not an elf since elves from that regions never made it to Aman. It somehow immediately reminded me about Thuringwethil and Lomë would be right in her Maiar league, a sister perhaps. That was a fast shape shifter by the way! Enchantments is cast, but a good hunter is not easily swayed and Amras could not do more than to watch helplessly that this net was cast on his brother – this must have been hard for him. The hints Amras gave were well placed. Btw, what is it with those oath swearing Fëanorians ;) This was a nice  Amras & Amrod tale, often so ignored but put to good use in this piece to show both sides of the tale: the one being enchanted and the outsider. Well done!

I may not be original here, but I'd like to say that I like the differences between Amrod and Amras. They might have been identical in appearance but they were separate beings and I do like how you characterized them and gave them independent voices.

This is a great, thrilling and intriguing story. You set the atmosphere perfectly. :) Thank you for sharing.

I enjoyed reading this immensely, thanks for the mouth-watering scenes for Ambarussa. It's great to have the spotlight on them for a change. I liked the way you fleshed them out and was hanging on to every word--this read like a horror/suspense movie. I started getting suspicious with the OFC when she refused to eat and the climax was priceless. On a lighter note, the oath of protection was such a nice "Feanorian" touch. Thanks for sharing this.