Harvest Dance by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Characters:
Arakáno - the Quenya name of Argon, the fourth child of Fingolfin. Not in The Silmarillion at all and dies virtually upon the arrival of the Noldor in Middle-earth. Without much canon to go on, I have felt free to give him similar looks and personality to his older brother and sister, Fingon and Aredhel, as presented in my "Maitimo and Findekáno" story arc.
Amrod - the youngest of Fëanor's sons; Amrod is the Sindarin version of Pityo the short form of Pityafinwë. I refer to him here as Pityafinwë/Pityo, which is appropriate to the time and place. (His twin Amros, only talked about in this piece, I call Telvo, short for Telufinwë.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Birthday story written in response to a solicitation of a request from minuial_nuwing. A mild slashy romp. Nothing serious. (All your fault, Min: When you challenged me to give you Arakáno/Amrod, you must have known it would come with footnotes.)

Major Characters: Amrod, Argon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Humor, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 374
Posted on 15 October 2007 Updated on 15 October 2007

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You really made me giggle--"Weasley-with-pointed-ears"--hilarious. When I got the request for Arakano, I knew there was a son of Fingolfin who never made it in The Silmarillion, and suspected Arakano might be the one (the "kano" on the end tipped me off). Talk about a birthday request in the form of a dare! In all fairness to Min, she did give me a cop-out second choice of writing about Maitimo and Findekano, but I couldn't resist the challenge. Even stranger perhaps, I had only posted the story the day before, when I got an email-alert that Erunyauve had posted an new entry to her Princes of the Noldor series on ff net and when I checked it, it was about the one and the same Arakano. Needless to say, hers is more serious.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and commenting--so happy you enjoyed it.

When I saw this, I was like: Arakáno/Amrod?  You’re kidding, right?  But you actually did a good job of it.  You gave personality to an obscure character, and managed to work the quote “Varda's frigid nipples, Pityo!” into your story… and for that, you deserve much credit.