A Beggar of Distinction by Alassante

| | |

Fanwork Notes

2009 MEFA 1st Place Winner, Genres: Mystery: General 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Aragorn has an interesting meeting at his wedding that leaves him speechless.

Prompt #118 for Aragorn Angst - Speechless. This prompted a belated birthday fiction for Gwynnyd 

2009 MEFA 1st Place Winner, Genres: Mystery: General  

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 742
Posted on 1 July 2008 Updated on 1 July 2008

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Beta: rhyselle
Disclaimer: Tolkien's - not mine 
Summary: Aragorn has an interesting meeting at his wedding that leaves him speechless.

Prompt #118 for Aragorn Angst - Speechless. This prompted a belated birthday fiction for Gwynnyd

~~*~~


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Alassante, this was bittersweet and beautiful! I often wonder about how Elrond and Maglor thought of each other as the ages progressed, and whether they ever sought to meet or learn about the other. I don't think it's a coincidence that Maglor and Maedhros get a more empathetic treatment in the Silm than the other sons of Feanor; Bilbo was working from sources in Rivendell. ;) I like to think that the story is how you imagined it, and they did continue to think fondly of the other.

I like your story very much, not only because Maglor wanted to see Elrond and his children out of his fatherly affection, but also because you portrayed Aragorn greatly. I often wonder, and I'm probably not alone here, what I would do if I had a chance to meet any of the elves. Would I ever realize who it might be? Or would I simply faint? ;)

Very beautiful and touching. Thank you for sharing.