To My Father by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Response to prompt for Day Four: March 4 of the Silmarillion Writers Guild observance of Back to Middle-earth Month. Relating to role models, I chose to write a drabble about feelings that Maedhros might have wanted to communicate to his father.

MEFA 2009, Third Place in First Age and Prior: Drabbles

 

Major Characters: Fëanor, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: B2MeM 2009

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 4 March 2009 Updated on 4 March 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


My own idea is about fathers and sons, but I couldn't resist reading yours first and chancing to spoil my own idea! :D I find Maedhros's relationship with Feanor endlessly fascinating. (Well, all of the sons, but I have a soft spot for Mae, as you know.) I like how you illustrate his transition across the years here; we see things much the same in this regard. I wonder what comes after the last? Do you see that as the final stage for Maedhros? (No, I'm not asking you to turn it into a double drabble. Just curious. ;)

This gave me a good look "behind-the-scenes" for Maitimo and what he thinks about his formidable Atar. Amazing to see how his perception changed through the years but the strong love is still there. 

My favorite line is "I decided that I did not want to make the same arrogant mistakes that you had made." 

I think you were able to "explain" in very few words the motivation behind Maitimo's decisions in Beleriand. Thanks for sharing.

I already squeed about this at your LJ, but I do love the form and execution of this form. It has a unique feel to it, especially the pacing is well done. Through this drabble you can just sense how Maedhros grows to an elf who is about to become a role model himself, making up his own mind as his view on his father changes. This is a fine character piece Oshun!