The Threat of Spring by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Spring and Summer; Love and Laughter

Fanwork Information

Summary:

My entry for day 14 of the SWG Back to Middle-earth Month challenge. The prompt is: What is your favourite season? . . . . how your character would appreciate (or not) the same things.

A ficlet wherein a grumpy Fingon faces spring, once his favorite season. (Fingon/Maedhros)

 

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges: B2MeM 2009

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 384
Posted on 15 March 2009 Updated on 15 March 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Ha!  Even when he's grumpy, Káno is endearing. Good descriptions, too.  You capture that to-the-bone damp chill of early spring well.

 “Findekáno! Come out into the light,” Fingon intoned in a deep, ponderous voice. “Sounds like some stupid philosophical exhortation.”

This was a hoot!  Very Káno.

And congrats on writing a seasonal vignette!

Thank you so much. I loved doing cranky Fingon. He is always the cheerful one. It was a stretch doing a season story! I hate winter and I hate spring and I don't like humdity. And fall is OK. But I wrote a whole big long fic swap story that had to be all about fall once. So I did not feel like writing fall again! That's me and prompts! New York is great in the fall. I think there is a song about that.

I so have to fight not to say: ooowww he's so cute. I just bet I get an equal disgusted look from Fingon. Thank goodness Maedhros can make Spring a tad better, I have to say that he's also so sweet here, I just love this line: Maedhros’s mare gave him a baleful, disgusted glance from a short distance away. He turned and received a nearly identical one from Fingon, which caused him to laugh.

Hehehe, I can so imagine that! What a wonderful ficlet!

 

 

Thanks! So happoy you enjoyed him. Fingon is far too happy and reasonable in most of my stories, his main flaw being recklessness and impulsiveness. I really enjoyed getting to show the grouchy side of his personality. (Looking outside at a cold, whitish sky at the moment! I've had it with winter myself and spring isn't looking so terrific either--NYC goes from cold, rainy spring to hot, humid summer with no transition whatsoever!)

I feel for Fingon. We had this lovely stretch of three days that were 60-70F. Then we got more snow. WTF.

As always, you write these two so naturally, so intimately ... I can tell that you've lived with them for some time now. (Or they've lived with you? However cohabitation with muses works!) I love the subtle humor as well (I laughed out loud at "Come out into the light!" Somehow, I can imagine that tiresome phrase existing in M-e as well.)