The Plague by WendWriter

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story was inspired by a visit to the village of Eyam, Derbysire, where there was an outbreak of Bubonic Plague.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Furious at the theft of the Silmaril from his iron crown, Morgoth seeks revenge. He has become his own, and everyone else's worst enemy.

Major Characters: Melkor, Original Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 7, 305
Posted on 28 November 2009 Updated on 28 November 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The events described here are my version of the story of the theft of the Silmaril from Morgoth's crown in Artíre's Revenge.

"Plague motes" refers to the bacteria Angwë intends to use, and the plague itself is Bubonic plague.

Information about the plague flea's life cycle came from http://www.insecta-inspecta.com/fleas/bdeath/Flea.html

Canon and my fanon collide here. Maiar are spirit beings and don't need to have bodies. My idea is that making a body for themselves requires a certain amount of concentration to hold it together. To keep it together requires them to be bound to it. If the body is killed, then, the Maia would lose the portion of his being that was used to bind him to the body. If the process is repeated, the Maia would become diminished and end up being much weaker than before. To regain that strength, he would need to absorb power or energy from someone or something else. This explains the state Sauron is in, and why he can't just make the plague himself like he did before.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.