On the Edge of Ruin, Part I by MithLuin

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story has been knocking around my hard-drive and notebooks for years, and I figured I should probably start posting some of it.  It's nowhere near a state of completion, and I haven't worked on it recently, but luckily...the fragments of it might be enjoyable on their own. 

If all goes as planned, the subtitle will be "The Silmarillion Retold."  It is thus, understandably, a fairly ambitious project!  

 Do not expect updates.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elrond and Elros are teens being raised by Maglor, and they have some struggles with their identities. 

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 6, 663
Posted on 29 March 2010 Updated on 29 March 2010

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

This portion of my sprawling epic (hah!) was first posted in Sept. 2008 in the very first "A Long Expected Contest."  I always intended it to be the opening chapter, so I might as well add it here now, with the possibility of adding future chapters later. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Now that they know the history, Elrond and Elros decide to fight orcs under Maglor's Fëanorian banner. That Maedhros and Maglor release them before going for the Silmarils at the end of the War of Wrath is therefore a significant statement of intention.