Winds of the Western Shore by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Minyelmë's exploration to the farthest shore of Aman in Beyond the Western Shore by StarSpray conjured imagery with such rich colour I simply had to paint what I saw in my mind

Fanwork Information

Description:

Minyelmë discovers the far Western shore of Aman.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s), Elves

Major Relationships:

Genre: Adventure

Type: Character/Portrait, Drawing/Painting, Illustration

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 13 February 2022 Updated on 16 February 2022

Winds of the Western Shore

"The hill sloped down, as steep on the western side as it was on the east, and beyond it lay a wide stretch of moorland filled with heather, all in shades of pink and purple and shadowed by the hills. Little Treelight found its way to these shores. Beyond the moors were dunes and beyond the dunes stretched a dark sea beneath cloud-streaked starry skies. It was strange and wild and breathtaking, and Minyelmë laughed aloud..."
~ from
Beyond the Western Shore by StarSpray

(click image to fit to screen)

Illustration of Minyelmë in Beyond the Western Shore

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm so psyched to see the first piece of art officially posted on the site!

And what a beautiful piece it is. The light is very well done: the flowers seem to glow right off the page, not to mention the stars in the sky and the highlight on her dress. I'm also just personally fascinated with the Western Shores of Aman, so this resonates with me there too.

My husband came home while I was looking at it, and I mentioned it was the first art piece posted in the new artwork section and he was blown away at how beautiful it was! I think his exact words were, "How did she DO that?"

And finally, thank you so much again for your help and support through the process of getting the new section launched! Your experience and insight on so many levels was so welcome and valued. <3

Thanks for the huge warm smile you've just given me! I'm so pleased to be able to visually convey some of the magic I experienced from StarSpray's story.

Ha! Please tell Bobby I have no idea, really, how I do it; sometimes it all comes together with just a light sprinkling of fairydust, and other times I need to wack the hell out of a painting with my magic wand. ;->

I'm so pleased to have been able to help in some way with the launching of the art section, and I'm looking forward to enjoying all the visual magic to come!

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the flowers and the lighting and Minyelme's expression, and the stars! I'm still so amazed that you managed to capture precisely what I was picturing when I wrote that piece. <33

Yay! You painted such a beautiful picture with your words, I think I mentioned in my comment on your fic that I felt a painting coming on! This is what your descriptions generated in my mind, and I'm really delighted I could convert them to something 'seeable' with the eye, so to speak!

And I also think we need to go there for a picnic...

I came here to look at your Thingol and Melian art again and had not seen this one! Wow it's incredible. The stars, the joyful, free emotion. It lifts my spirits just looking at it.