Marta's Mathoms - BMEM 2011 by Marta

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A series of stories written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2011.

  • New! "Jus Ad Bellum" ft. Elrond, Isiildur, and Maglor; 1,472 words
  • NEW! "Things Unseen" ft. Elendil + Pharazon, 1,136 words
  • NEW! "Three for the Elven-Lords II" ft. Cirdan, 200 words

Major Characters: J.R.R. Tolkien

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet, Het

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 25 Word Count: 16, 468
Posted on 3 March 2011 Updated on 23 April 2011

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Warnings for my muses' (and Aredhel's) rather screwed up head-space, and all the domestic bliss one would expect from this couple

Every skill and every inquiry, and similarly every action and rational choice, is thought to aim at some good; and so the good has been aptly described as that at which everything aims. (Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics)

Fear, confidence, appetite, anger, pity, and in general pleasure and pain can be experienced too much or too little, and in both ways not well. But to have them at the right time, about the right things, towards the right people, for the right end, and in the right way, is the mean and best; and this is the business of virtue. (Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics)

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you can." (John Wesley)

"Nor will [the truly generous person] neglect his own possessions, since he wants to use them to help others. And he will not give to just anybody, so that he might have something to give to the right people, at the right time, and where it is noble to do so. (Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics)

 

 

Step by step, heart to heart,
Left right left, we all fall down
Like toy soldiers

Bit by bit, torn apart, we never win
But the battle wages on
For toy soldiers.

("Like Toy Soldiers" by Eminem)

 

 

Step by step, heart to heart,
Left right left, we all fall down
Like toy soldiers

Bit by bit, torn apart, we never win
But the battle wages on
For toy soldiers.

("Like Toy Soldiers" by Eminem)

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I am very impressed by this series, although I haven't managed to comment properly so far. I hope to manage to do so later.

Just a small nitpick with regard to this one (and the notes on it): there seems to be a bit of confusion with regard to names (sons of Feanor getting slightly mixed up, working in a hurry)?

I'm glad to know you're enjoying them. Please feel free to review any time it is convenient.

And thank you for catching my mistakes. I don't usually write Silmfic so it's entirely possible I mixed up some names. Can you tell me where I made the mistake(s)? If not, I will try to read through it again when I get the chance, and will fix it.

Feel free to email me privately if you prefer - marta.fandomATgmailDOTcom.