Bits and Pieces Under 300 Words by sallysavestheday

| | |

A Vigorous Appetite

Maedhros loves to watch Fingon eat. Inspired by the Fingon in my fic All The Way Home We'll Be Warm (on AO3).


Maedhros loves to watch Fingon eat. His cousin approaches food with the same sensual exuberance with which he embraces everything: a deep, curious exploration of tastes new and old, a frank indulgence in texture and scent and flavor that he expresses with an easy joy. Fingon selects his portions with eager eyes and finds no shame in eating with his fingers. His teeth flash white as he bites; the strong column of his throat ripples as he swallows and smiles.

Of little appetite himself, Maedhros fills Fingon's plates for the pure pleasure of watching that beautiful mouth move in enjoyment, those dark eyes sparkle at an unexpected treat or an old, familiar joy.

Salt, sweet, fat: the triad of those simplest delights makes Fingon moan. He wriggles in glee at the taste of roasted corn, buttered and salted and spiced from a stand in Himring's chilly market. He sighs and breathes deep of the fragrance of a perfect handful of fried potatoes, crisp and hot from a kettle in Hurin's camp in Dor-lomin, before eating them one by one, rolling them delightedly over his tongue.

In private, Maedhros plies him with sweets. With each bite, he remembers the airy pastry, sprinkled with salt flakes and filled with chocolate cream, that clung to Fingon's lips on the sunny morning in Tirion when Maedhros finally surrendered to his own longing, his craving to be so unashamedly tasted and appreciated, so lovingly devoured.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment