The Lost Boys by Lady MSM

| | |

Unfortunate Timing


Unfortunate Timing

“Morning, gents,” Voronwe said brightly. “Where are you off to?”

“I figured we’d stop by Tuor’s house—well, it’s Idril’s now too, I suppose,” replied Ecthelion. “Gods, I’ll never get used to that.”

“They just got married yesterday, old boy, give it some time,” advised Glorfindel. “Anyway, Voronwe, since we worked so hard at getting those two together—without having them notice that we were doing anything—I decided they owed us lunch. Come along, you helped too.”

“You sure this is a good idea?” Voronwe asked. “I mean, it’s the day after their wedding. They might want some time alone.”

“Nonsense!” said Glorfindel. “We’re their best friends. They’re always happy to see us.”

This sounded questionable to Voronwe, but he as was eager to get his best friend alone to ask him about his wedding night, he decided the excursion was worth the risk.

As they approached Tuor’s (and now Idril’s) house, Voronwe noticed the kitchen windows were wide open, with noises he couldn’t identify coming through. A few yards closer, and all three friends stopped in their tracks, looking at each other with awkwardness and surprise.

None of them claimed to be the most observant man in Gondolin, but it would have been hard to miss the ecstatic cries coming through the open window.

“You know,” said Glorfindel conversationally after a few moments of stunned not-quite-silence, “maybe we should visit them for supper instead.”


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment