Yávië in Formenos by oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When he encounters a new harvest worker, a farmer in Formenos is reminded of the great march under starlight across the east of Middle-earth to the shores of the Great Sea. MPTT Harvest Challenge, October 2012; Prompts: waggon, help, young. Beta: Ignoblebard.

Major Characters: Fingon, Original Character(s), Sons of Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Family Matters, Season of Change

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 516
Posted on 23 October 2012 Updated on 23 October 2012

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The word yávië in Quenya refers to autumn or harvest time; it’s stem is yávë, meaning fruit. In my story verse, a Noldorin settlement at Formenos pre-exists the exile of Fëanor from Valinor. I stole that idea from Dawn Felagund years ago, along with the idea that the family of Fëanor spends summers there over the years and often takes Fingon with them. I also borrowed Fingon's nose from Darth Fingon (I've used that one so much that it feels like my own). Simply to be consistent with my dictionary, I changed waggon to wagon (common American spelling) within my text. The word aicer means sharp one in Quenya. Atto means dad or daddy, also in Quenya. One last thing, for purposes of this story, Finwë is begotten after Cuiviénen. Canon holds no definitive answer to that question.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I loved how the atmosphere of this story. It pulls the reader right into the field. Aicer is a very interesting character - I love it that he loves being a farmer, and is not dreaming of running to the city and being crafty or whatever else. I'd like to read more about the people who put the food on the table.

Little Finwë is sweet. :)