Awesome Ladies by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For Middle-Earth is multitudes, I present many women. Both elves and hobbits

Fanwork Information

Summary:

4 women, 4 story cycles, 400 words each.

Snapshots from the lives of four incredible women in Tolkien.

Major Characters: Belladonna Took Baggins, Galadriel, Lúthien Tinúviel, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Middle-earth Is Multitudes

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 1, 641
Posted on 30 March 2023 Updated on 30 March 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Warnings for heavy angst.

Nerdanel's cycle picks up very soon after the loss of the trees, before the first kinslaying, covers her reaction to the first kinslaying and ends shortly after the ships have burned at Losgar (though that isn't explicitly mentioned.

Canonical Beren & Lúthien levels of angst.

Rather than being chronologically more or less immediately after each other, these drabbles span Lúthien's life from early childhood all the way to just after the birth of Dior.

Galadriel is a fool and a wise woman, and sometimes one looks much like the other.

Four moments - coming to Beleriand, her studies under Melian, a dwarrow surprise, and leaving Beleriand behind.

This is mostly fluff!

Belladonna has a wandering soul, but she finds her home not just on the road, but also in Hobbiton.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh this is beautiful!! It really has me thinking about what she was like after it was all done and she had chosen mortality - how very different her life became after all of it, and yet she only got the life she wanted in the end.

I know!

Most of what I read about Lúthien is set before/during the quest of the Silmaril, but it's really interesting to think about what happens during their Happily Ever After.

How did it feel for her to suddenly be human? What about becoming a mother?

So many fascinating avenues to explore!

>>She is as much of a fool as the rest of them.

Oof.. yes.  

>>“But since it fell into my lot, that I shall rise and you shall not…”

Oh I love this song so much!  And that sweet melancholy so fits!

Galadriel is such a fascinating character to write about.

Sure, we mostly see her as the all-knowing lady of the light in Lothlórien, as a leader of her people and someone revered for her wisdom, but how did she get there? Wisdom isn't something inherent, it's something you learn, after all.

It's been especially on my mind since the Rings of Power.

 

The prompt for that last drabble was Raise a little, and I immediately thought of Raising a toast, but suddenly I found myself at the beach with them, and Elrond wanted to sing, and well, what better song to sing when the age of the elves has ended?

D'aawwww that was so sweet!

>>Distantly, she can hear the sound of a harp, and she briefly debates to go looking for the harpist, for it is sure to be an elf.

😏 Oh, sure to be lol!

Alas, they will not meet in this universe. Although I'm sure Maglor could do with some good hobbitish sense.

Belladonna is perhaps one of my absolute favourite characters of the legendarium, and while writing these drabbles, it was quite the relief to finally get a break from all the angst and drama Nerdanel, Lúthien, Galadriel & Éowyn were supplying me with.
(Éowyn is getting a story all for herself, because her cycle is very firmly a LotR story, so it's going into the Beyond section).

Hobbits are just delightfully chill to write. I love them.

Oh, and last but not least, thank you for leaving a comment on every single chapter! It was great to see the email alert in my inbox this morning!

I love Nerdanel so much, this women deseve so many good things in her life, I always dream that one day she will reunite with her sons and Feanaro, I personally have no do doubt that she will love him still but she will be much changed, more wise than how he has left her.

I love her so so so so much, beautiful drabbles, they depict perfectly her inner turmoil 

I love Nerdanel so much, this women deseve so many good things in her life, I always dream that one day she will reunite with her sons and Feanaro, I personally have no do doubt that she will love him still but she will be much changed, more wise than how he has left her.

I love her so so so so much, beautiful drabbles, they depict perfectly her inner turmoil 

Luthien is such a strong and caring elf, I love her so so much. She is so attuned to the natural world around her, she really can feel the Song of the World and I'm so in awe for this, she truly bows to no one and she leads her life with this principle!  Beautiful drabbles!

I can relate so much with Belladonna and her wandering soul, that feeling of having to go, to explore, the fact that the road holds no expectation over you... I can really feel that. 

I loved them, they really touched me, I can relate a lot with what you have written. Beautiful drabbles Shadow! <3<3