Awesome Ladies by daughterofshadows

| | |

Belladonna - her life and the road

This is mostly fluff!

Belladonna has a wandering soul, but she finds her home not just on the road, but also in Hobbiton.


The road stretches out before her, inviting her, teasing her with the adventures she knows lie beyond the bend.

Belladonna sets off with eager feet.

As the distance grows, her worries shrink, until she can barely remember why they concerned her in the first place.

The road has no expectations, it does not care about marriage, about fauntlings or society.

Here, it only matters how far her feet can carry her.

Belladonna relishes in the freedom it brings.

This is where she belongs.

Not in a smial, or a kitchen, but under the open sky, the world at her feet.

 


She makes it all the way to the sea.

It’s a grand thing, the ocean. Grand enough to make a hobbit feel very small, but it’s also wild and beautiful, and Belladonna is glad she came.

She sits on the beach, and just listens for a while. To the seagulls, and the waves crashing against the shore.

Distantly, she can hear the sound of a harp, and she briefly debates to go looking for the harpist, for it is sure to be an elf.

In the end, she decides against it. The beach is too peaceful to leave just yet.

 


Being married to Bungo changes everything, and still so very little.

She is still a wandering soul, still feels most at home on the road, but now she no longer dreads the return.

Bungo makes space for her and in turn, she comes home to him every time.

She finds a place to rest by his side.

Together, they turn Bag End from a hole in the ground into a smial they can be proud of.

It’s a refuge. A place, where they can just be themselves.

For the first time in a long time, the Shire feels like home.

 


Belladonna looks down at babe in her arms, staring wide-eyed at the world.

Her son. Somehow, they have created this miracle together.

She still cannot believe it.

“He has your eyes,” Bungo whispers into her ear, arm tight around her shoulder.

Belladonna squints.

“Perhaps. He’s got your hair though.”

“Ten perfect toes on fuzzy feet, and ten fingers, too, and the cutest nose in all of the Shire. I think we did pretty well with him, my love.”

“We certainly did.”

Belladonna smiles, and Bungo presses a kiss to her hair.

“I hope he’ll have your sense of adventure, too.”


Chapter End Notes

A few Easter eggs were hidden in this one, tell me if you can guess what they were XD
One is a nod to one of my all time favourite Tolkien fics, the others are for some of my own fics.

The prompts were:

Belladonna Took +

1. Back where I belong

2. Long road

3. Feeling like myself again

4. Home at last


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment