Forever - Give or Take by IgnobleBard

| | |

Fanwork Notes

As always, thanks to Oshun and Randy for the beta.

Written for Alex_Cat for the 2015 Ardor in August ficswap.

Request: Gil-galad and any Elf or Maia.
Story elements = They should be in a situation that is ridiculous in a humorous way. Angst is okay but the underlying theme should be humor and friendship. I like friendship over romance.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Gil-galad and Celebrimbor have a great life together in Aman, until a certain person from the past shows up.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Elrond, Gil-galad

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 7, 366
Posted on 31 August 2015 Updated on 31 August 2015

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What I loved the most about this story, aside from your usual mastery of the humorous one-liner, was how you played with current and historic canon disputes and popular fanon.

My favorite among these was this one:

“I did indeed, and I had my own shock when I got out. Both Orodreth and Fingon were waiting for me.”

Elrond choked on his ale. “Oh dear, how did that work out?”

“The custody hearing is the twenty-first,” Gil-galad answered, finishing his tankard in one gulp.

Of course, I adored this, being a Fingon-is-Gil-galad's-daddy person in a world of text-quoting purists voting for Orodreth (just kidding you guys--I love you anyway). You made me smile, instead to grating on my nerves with the definitive canon citation.

Another great fic-swap entry. It was a pleasure to get a pre-read--my Beta was a no-brainer since I didn't even find any typos.

Congrats on a solid story!

Thanks Oshun, both for proofing the first and second edits, and for your unwavering support. You're a peach, and so important to my work. Sometimes I write a little something just for you in my humor stories and this time the Fingon/Orodreth thing was it. :-) Thanks so much for your comments!