The Line of Elros by oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

This collection will include ficlets and other short pieces which deal with Elros and his descendants.

. . . but Elros his brother chose to abide with Men. And from these brethren alone has come among Men the blood of the Firstborn and a strain of the spirits divine that were before Arda; for they were the sons of Elwing, Dior’s daughter, Lúthien’s son, child of Thingol and Melian; and Eärendil their father was the son of Idril Celebrindal, Turgon’s daughter of Gondolin. –The Silmarillion.

For bunn.

The first chapter was written in response to a request by Bunn for an Elros drabble.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 12 January 2017 Updated on 12 January 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


At first, I almost fell out of my chair to see that you'd written a drabble! :) But this totally does what I think effective drabbles do: There is just so much going on between the lines. There is the suggestion of joy with Maglor that lacked with his biological parents. There is, of course, the foreshadowing of Maglor's eventual fate.

And of course it is hella cute to imagine the luminary Elrond as "a great squealer" at the seaside! :D

This is lovely - so sweet, and filled with nostalgia and sadness too, with Elros's memories of Elrond, and Maglor's attraction to the sea.  You do so much with so few words - I am in awe, and a little envious at the same time!  I had to read this a few times to savour it properly, it's gorgeous.