Nightfall in the West by Corsair_Caruso

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Sauron assassinates Ar-Pharazôn before the Great Armament can be sent against Valinor, and takes power as Steward, turning the military might of Numenor and Mordor against the Eldar and Faithful; the history of Arda is altered forever.

Major Characters: Amandil, Anárion, Ar-Pharazôn, Elendil, Elendur, Elrond, Gil-galad, Isildur, Meneldil, Nazgûl, Númenóreans, Original Character(s), Sauron, Witch-king of Angmar

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Character Death, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 5, 924
Posted on 23 November 2014 Updated on 23 November 2014

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Gosh, I'm not sure what I expected, but I never thought to meet and get so involved with an enitre family in only four chapters. You've created characters I recognise and care about and I am hoping against hope that Anarion somehow survives this - nothing against his father and brother, but he's the one who spoke to me. I like the way you're introducing us to life in Numenor too, making it a place both new and instantly recognisabe.

So many amazing touches, too many to mention, but I really loved the first chapter with your old, arrogant and dangerously misled king and the children playing the kind of game that turns mothers' hair grey in this chapter. It's a briliant idea for an AU - always love the principle of changing just one event and seeing where the ripples spread - and I am really looking forward to reading more.

That's so wonderful to hear that I've been able to get readers invested in the characters! I like Anarion a lot too, he's an amalgam of some of my former mentors with some extra humor added, and I find myself really enjoying writing him.

i'm glad you're enjoying the little bits of world and culture I've thrown in, and it's good to know they're coming across effectively.

i also really enjoy writing AUs. This story was originally submitted on AlternateHistory, where they deal fairly exclusively in AUs, mostly of the real world, but there's also a section devoted to fictional settings as well which I really enjoy reading and writing in.  Trust me, the ripples are only going to get larger from here.