Morning Mist and Silver Sun by StarSpray

| | |

Truth Or Dare?

More drabbles from the Holiday Party; two for the Truth or Dare game and one for the Food & Drink prompt


Truth or Dare
Eärendil
Dare: Sailing from Sirion to Aman

When Eärendil announced his intentions to Círdan and Gil-galad, both of them sighed. Círdan pinched the bridge of his nose. “Your grandfather had the same idea,” Gil-galad said. “Did you ever ask Voronwë how it went?”  

“But this time will be different,” Eärendil said, keeping his arms crossed so they could not see his hands shaking. “With all due respect, my king, I am not here to ask permission.”

“No, of course not,” said Gil-galad. “Why are you here, then, Cousin?”

“I need a ship.”

Círdan rose and drained his glass. “We had best get to work, then,” he said.

.

Truth or Dare
Elwing
Dare: transform into a bird for the 2nd time without Ulmo’s help

She could feel it—her arms aching to turn back to wings, the feathers itching under her skin. When Elwing closed her eyes she could almost feel the wind beneath her, buoying her up toward the skies. She opened them and looked down from her perch atop a high rock that Alqualondë’s swimmers often used for diving at the clear cerulean water.

If she jumped, there was no danger—not here. The sun was shining, sparkling on Eldamar. Still her heart pounded as Elwing rose from her crouch. She took a deep breath, flung herself from the stone—and soared.

.

Food & Drink
Pumpkin Pie

Frodo thoughtfully surveyed the list of dishes that Bilbo had made. “This would be a meal fit for the Mayor and all the family heads in the Shire,” he said, “but what will Elvenkings think?”

Bilbo chuckled as he set out the jars of spices, and the pumpkin that needed carving. “They asked for a Shire feast, my lad, and that is what they’ll get! And what better time to experiment than when no one can say what they really think without being horribly rude?” He shoved the flour at Frodo. “Get started on the crust, there’s a good lad.”


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment