Morning Mist and Silver Sun by StarSpray

| | |

Restoration & Rebuilding 2

written for the Sunday session of Restoration & Rebuilding instadrabbling


Prompt: Image of the inside of Hagia Sophia, with scaffolding on the right and left sides

The Mindon Eldaliéva was near completion, and as Míriel stepped inside, Ingwë dropping her arm to spring ahead, spinning about with his arms outstretched in delight, she could not stop her jaw from dropping as she beheld the great domed ceiling, and the many windows that let in the golden light of Laurelin. "And see, there is your husband!" Ingwë said, returning to Míriel's side and pointing to the top of one towering scaffold, where Finwë was busy pressing brightly colored tiles into the wall high over their heads, the finishing touches of a great mosaic. It depicted the first of the Eldar coming to the Sea beneath the stars, and Ulmo rising out of the waves to greet them.

"Did you ever think we could build things such as this?" Ingwë said.

Míriel laughed, breathless with delight. "And think of what more we shall do in years to come!"

.

Prompt: Action on behalf of life transforms. Because the relationship between self and the world is reciprocal, it is not a question of first getting enlightened or saved and then acting. As we work to heal the earth, the earth heals us. - Robin Wall Kimmerer

Celeborn had been assured that his wounds would heal and the stiffness and pain would ease with time, but he found that it was not so as long as he walked in barren lands and lingered where the scars of war had not yet faded from the earth. So he left the cities of Lindon to the Noldor to build, and went out into the wilds with his own kindred. As they sang their songs of healing to the land, of green leaves and clear flowing water, of strong roots sinking deep into the soil, he found his own aches fading away in turn, until at last he rose from kneeling by a patch of wild strawberries with no stiffness at all.

He stood for a moment, arms outstretched, just to be, feeling the warm sun on his face and the breeze in his hair. A meadowlark sang out joyously.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment