The Eight-Pointed Star by Tyelca

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Fëanorian Week on tumblr, these are short stories for each of the Seven Sons as well as for Fëanor and Nerdanel. I tried to use all the prompts given.

Warnings are given for each chapter separately.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Short stories about the House of Fëanor for the Fëanorian Week.

Day 1: Maedhros - After being rescued from Angband, Maedhros suffers from nightmares and has some dark thoughts.

Day 2: Maglor - Maglor brings his new charges to bed, and wishes the Ambarussa had lived.

Day 3: Celegorm - On their way to Nargothrond, Celegorm realizes he loves Lúthien.

Day 4: Caranthir - Caranthir the Dark settles in Thargelion and meets first Haleth and later Ulfang.

Day 5: Curufin - In the final moments before his death, Curufin reminisces.

Day 6: Ambarussa - As revenge for Celegorm, Amrod and Amras assassinate Dior’s twin sons.

Day 7 : Fëanor & Nerdanel - Fëanor intends to propose to Nerdanel.

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Caranthir, Celebrimbor, Celegorm, Curufin, Elrond, Elros, Eluréd, Elurín, Fëanor, Haleth, Huan, Lúthien Tinúviel, Maedhros, Maglor, Mahtan, Nerdanel, Ulfang

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General, Horror, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 7 Word Count: 28, 854
Posted on 20 March 2017 Updated on 13 April 2017

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The first day of Fëanorian Week! Maedhros has the wonderful prompts: Childhood, Kingship, Torture, Adjusting/Coping, Unity, Beauty; I believe that with the exception of Childhood I used them all.

Summary: After being rescued from Angband, Maedhros suffers from nightmares and has some dark thoughts.

Characters: Maedhros

Warnings: Aside from non-graphical canon references to Maedhros' torture in Angband, there are some pretty dark thoughts, as well as the aftermath of/coping with said torture.

Day 2 - Maglor! The prompts were Childhood, Music & Songs of Power, Elrond & Elros, Kingship, Maglor’s Gap and Redemption. Only Childhood and Maglor's Gap remain unused.

Summary: Maglor brings his new charges to bed, and wishes the Ambarussa had lived.

Characters: Maglor, Maedhros.

Warning: References to canon Kinslaying, thoughts about murder.

Day 3 of Fëanorian Week, starring Celegorm! The promps were Childhood, Hunting, Oromë & Huan, Strength & Beauty, Wickedness, and Love/Unrequited; all are used.

Summary: On their way to Nargothrond, Celegorm realizes he loves Lúthien.

Characters: Celegorm, Curufin, Lúthien, Huan

Warnings: None

Fëanorian Week is already over, but nonetheless a chapter for the fourth son of Fëanor: Caranthir. The prompts were Childhood, Betrayal, Lordship, Dwarves & Humans, Marriage, Appearance.

Summary: Caranthir the Dark settles in Thargelion and meets first Haleth and later Ulfang.

Characters: Caranthir, Haleth, Ulfang the Black

Warning: None

Day five of the Fëanorian Week is dedicated to Curufin, with the following prompts: Childhood, Fëanor, Forge work, Celebrimbor, Manipulation, and Ruling of Nargothrond.

Summary: In the final moments before his death, Curufin reminisces.

Characters: Curufin, Celebrimbor, Fëanor, Sons of Fëanor

Warnings: Canon character death

Day 6 of the Fëanorian Week is all about the Ambarussa! With the wonderful prompts Childhood, Lordship, Regret, Twin, Hunting, and Nandor.

Summary: As revenge for Celegorm, Amrod and Amras assassinate Dior’s twin sons.

Characters: Amrod, Amras, Eluréd, Elúrin

Warning: Murder of children, canon character death, slightly AU insofar canonically it is unknown what happened to Eluréd and Elurín

This is for the final day of Fëanorian Week (written and posted a little bit later), with Fëanor and Nerdanel in the limelight. The prompts were Mahtan, Marriage, Reunion, Traveling, Creation, and Healing.

Summary: Fëanor intends to propose to Nerdanel.

Characters: Fëanor, Nerdanel, Mahtan

Warnings: None!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.