False Dawn by Idrils Scribe

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The year is 1409 of the Third Age. The kingdom of Arnor has splintered apart, and in the northern wastelands Angmar's shadow grows. Having failed to conquer Rivendell with his armies, the Witch-king tries a more devious way to destroy the House of Elrond - a house now divided against itself.

Sequel to Gathering Dusk, but can be enjoyed on its own. This story is completely written and will be updated regularly.
Many thanks to my marvelous beta readers Anoriath and Dawn Felagund, without whose help, encouragement and support this story could not have been written.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Family, General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 8 Word Count: 20, 716
Posted on 30 November 2020 Updated on 28 December 2020

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Content warning: like the rest of the series, this work is heavily based in Tolkien canon, particularly the Silmarillion and the LoTR appendices. War is central to the story. Expect Silmarillion levels of violence, Orcs behaving Orcishly, descriptions of injuries and dead bodies, and character deaths (none go against canon). Rape and torture are mentioned and their aftermath described, but there's no detailed description of the acts themselves. As in Tolkien's own work, familial conflict is among the main themes. If it's in the Silmarillion, chances are that it'll turn up here. Proceed with caution (or not at all) if any of the above might trigger or upset you.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Gosh this is unrelentingly difficult to read ,mesmerishing in its horror and graphicness. You paint such a picture of evil and disquiet. Bravo! for your intrepide dipiction of the horrors of middle earth and the fineline between life and death but can we please have some respite?