Silmarils Are Forever by whitewave

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The title of this story was inspired by Diamonds are Forever is the seventh Bond film and I could not resist the “symbolism” of it all and I’ve always imagined that the Silmarils look like extra-shiny diamonds.  I opted to include links to the movie posters and videos of the movie's opening credits to "set the mood".

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A very light but ambitious confection written mostly for the author’s pleasure wherein JRR Tolkien’s male canon characters are cast in roles from Ian Fleming’s work.   Only the crazy plot belongs to the author.

Major Characters: Beleg, Celebrimbor, Círdan, Eönwë, Fingon, Galdor (Edain), Gandalf, Haleth, Mablung, Mahtan, Melkor, Original Character(s), Sauron, Sons of Fëanor, Tata, Thranduil, Ungoliant, Valar

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Crossover, Het

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Torture, Character Death, Expletive Language, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 403
Posted on 6 January 2009 Updated on 6 January 2009

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


ROFL! I want more!

 My favorite lines:

Does that mean it was that good?

Of course I care about you more than my dog, sweetness (hmmm I do wonder if maybe they spend too much time alone ;)

Will go trysting later with anonymous elleth hehehehe that  one had me giggling my head off.

A hound shaped palantir? Priceless!

I can't wait for more and I want to know who she is! :DDD

Oh, man.  This is a scream, whitewave!  It has been a while since I've read Ian Fleming, but from what my geriatric mind can recall, this echoes his style.

And the classic "Bond" girl, er, elleth, speaking Khuz-dul which I gather is the Middle-earth equivalent of Russian here?  I can just see her walking out of the water in Technicolor of course.

The super-tech palantir communication devices are a hoot. 

So the Ilterendi -- the stealth sea vessel's name sent me scrambling to translate (yes, I am that much of a geek) but to no avail.  My best guess is Moonraker.

"The extremely secure lore-base" killed me.  Lore-base! :^D

Can't wait for the next chapter!

I'm so thrilled that you're reading this!  ;-D   That you think this echoes Fleming's style is the plump cherry on the sundae. 

re: Khuz-dul  - I've always thought of the dwarves as very possessive of everything so I thought they'd probably have a controlled list of those who know how to speak their tongue like some sort of exclusive club.  And yes, I was channelling the exotic accents of some of the Bond girls when I imagined this elleth.  Ursula Andress's bikini scene is the most iconic so I thought of placing it here, like a tribute of sorts to "Dr. No." 

re: Ilterendi--wow somebody noticed)--I took it from HoME: The chain that Aulë made for Melkor. (I forgot the volume number though). "Now the chain was named Angaino, the oppressor, and the manacles Vorotemnar that bind for ever, but the fetters Ilterendi for they might not be filed or cleft."    I tried to come up with original names from the dictionary but my muses think they sound wimpy so I took this instead.   LOL on the lore-base.  I should come up with a dictionary of the terms I used here. 

re:  Chapter 2- (Salutes) Aye, I'm vhorking on ith. (in exotic Russian accent).  :^D

I guess you are going to have to hurry with the next chapter, dear Whitewave :) This was totally hysterical! I love those associations with the Bond movies (and speaking of the books,  actually I read "Dr. No." and "Diamonds are forever" so yeah, I did my homework, didn't I).

Great job! I'm so looking forward to more!

PS. And I wonder what role you have in store for my fav Sinda ;)

I'm glad you liked it so far. And your reviews serve as my "fuel" so to speak.  ;-D You actually did 'real' research by reading the books whereas I mostly just browsed the James Bond websites--LOL.   Your favorite Sinda will have some hunka-licious moments in store for him.  ;-D

Hi Moreth!  Seeing your review has made my day!  Thank you very much for taking the time to let me know that you liked Chapter 1.  I'm still working on Chapter 2--my seven high-maintenance muses are being more difficult than usual.  ;-D

Sorry my reply is delayed, have been busy with RL.